September 1, 2016: Integration Announcement
Hello Campus Application Developers,
Here is the SIS Integrations team weekly summary of items of interest to our integration partners.
Campus No Fly Zone - 8/15 - 9/4
The Campus No Fly Zone ends this weekend and SIS will resume the standard release schedule.
UAT/QAT Environment Downtime
BCSQAT will be down starting at 9 p.m. tonight, Thursday 9/1 and all day tomorrow, Friday, 9/2, for a production refresh.
Upcoming Go Live Release Schedule
Here is the upcoming SIS Major Go Live release schedule. Major releases and dot releases (i.e. 7 and 7.1) will include a scheduled production outage. Alpha releases (i.e. 7.0b) will continue twice a week as needed and will not involve an outage.
- GL 7 - Sunday, 9/18/16
- GL 7.1 - Sunday, 10/9/16
- GL 7.2 - Sunday, 10/30/16
Release Notes - 6.0k
Here is what is planned for GL 6.0k on Wednesday, 9/7
- Modify displayName format
- Enhance Class Section to provide real-time enrollment counts
- Correct JSON output for meeting and exam times
Top Issues Being Researched
- Student API - we are investigating a report that cumulative units and cumulative GPA displayed in CalCentral do not match the output of the API.
Student API - we have confirmed a reported issue that completed, discontinued or otherwise inactive Plans are omitted from the Student EDO.
- Addressing this issue requires some redesign which is underway with the Registrar and SIS Student Records team. An update to the Student API will follow to surface program/plan status and include recently completed programs/plans.
Each Friday, the SIS Integrations team holds Virtual Office Hours from 1-3 pm to answer questions and discuss issues you may be having. To join us, call 1-888-240-2560 - meeting ID: 113695594.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SIS Integration Team