September 8, 2016: Integration Announcement
Hello Campus Application Developers,
Here is the SIS Integrations team weekly summary of items of interest to our integration partners.
Integration Team Focus and Activities
As SIS nears completion of the original implementation plan, the Integration Team is now focused on supporting the current API suite to provide enhancements requested by our campus partners and to address bugs as issues are identified. One of these efforts includes:
Redesign of the Enrollment API
- Streamline the API to reduce the amount of repeated class data. This work is contract breaking so we will introduce versioning. This will allow the API developer to switch over as they are ready. We will provide updates when we expect to deploy this to UAT.
The team is also providing new API development in support of:
- CalCentral interfaces for Grading and Committees
- Office of the Registrar for self-service transcript ordering and a new Schedule of Classes website
- Academic Senate for Course Management System integration with SIS
Registration Status for Graduate Students
The deadline for graduate students to pay fees is five weeks into the term, so many who have enrolled for the term will still not show as Registered in both the Student API and EDODB until the fifth week. Senior campus leadership is concerned that campus units that rely on the Registered status to determine eligibility for services may be excluding these students inaccurately.
As an interim solution, SIS is recommending that campus units providing services to graduate students temporarily check that the student is enrolled to make this decision until registered status is set after fees are paid.
For Student API users, the /academic-status endpoint returns currently enrolled units in the node:
(a non-zero value indicates enrolled for current term)
For EDODB, this query can be used to evaluate enrolled status:
SELECT DISTINCT REG.STUDENT_ID
FROM SISEDO.STUDENT_REGISTRATIONV00_VW REG
JOIN SISEDO.ENROLLMENTV00_VW ENR ON (
ENR.STUDENT_ID = REG.STUDENT_ID
AND ENR.ACAD_CAREER = REG.ACADCAREER_CODE
AND ENR.TERM_ID = REG.TERM_ID
AND ENR.STDNT_ENRL_STATUS_CODE = 'E'
AND ENR.ENRL_STATUS_REASON_CODE IN ('ENRL','EWAT')
WHERE REG.ACADCAREER_CODE = 'GRAD'
AND REG.REGISTERED = 'N'
AND (REG.WITHCNCL_TYPE_CODE IS NULL OR REG.WITHCNCL_FROMDATE > SYSDATE)
AND REG.TERM_ID = '2168';
Upcoming Go Live Release Schedule
Here is the upcoming SIS Major Go Live release schedule. Major releases and dot releases (i.e. 7 and 7.1) will include a scheduled production outage. Alpha releases (i.e. 7.0b) will continue twice a week as needed and will not involve an outage.
- GL 7 - Sunday, 9/18/16
- GL 7.1 - Sunday, 10/9/16
- GL 7.2 - Sunday, 10/30/16
Top Issues Being Researched
- Student API - we are investigating a report that cumulative units and cumulative GPA displayed in CalCentral do not match the output of the API.
Student API - we have confirmed a reported issue that completed, discontinued or otherwise inactive Plans are omitted from the Student EDO.
- Addressing this issue requires some redesign which is underway with the Registrar and SIS Student Records team. An update to the Student API will follow to surface program/plan status and include recently completed programs/plans.
Each Friday, the SIS Integrations team holds Virtual Office Hours from 1-3 pm to answer questions and discuss issues you may be having. To join us, call 1-888-240-2560 - meeting ID: 113695594.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SIS Integration Team